Saturday, March 16, 2013

[MY DIARY] 130116 27th Golden Disk Awards (GDA) in Kuala Lumpur


Yeap, as written in the title, it's about my own experience!! Yeah, I went to the 27th Golden Disk Awards in KL!! Well, as a Malaysian K-poppers myself, it's an event that shouldn't be missed!! I barely made it to the event. The day before the event, I had my last paper for final exam and bought the tix on that day too! Soooo sudden.. It's not that my university is that close to Sepang either!! Well, below, I posted some photos I managed to take during the 2 days event. Sorry if it's a bit of low quality coz I'm not a professional photographer and I'm too absorbed to the show that only few photos managed to be taken. I also included some highlights. Here it is, enjoy!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

130116 Day 1

My sister and I arrived at 1 PM at the Sepang International Circuit to found that the queuing line is quite long already! Waiting under the hot sun for a the front gate to open. Got a few fanmade merchandises while waiting. [Thanks for the banner 'Onyuxccy'] Waiting and waiting and waiting....... At 5 PM, the front gate was opened. We ran as fast as we could to the gate and queued again.. At 7 PM, the gate finally opened. Again, running as fast as we could to find good spots as it's all free standing tickets.

The stage. As soon as we entered.


A few moments before the show started!!

Finally, the show started!! MCed by Nicole (KARA) & Yonghwa (CNBLUE). Ooohh Nicole's speaking English clearly so that we can all understand. The show started with Yonghwa & Nicole's special MC's performance. While MCing, Yonghwa's busy dancing around and making jokes with Nicole.

Starting with the rookie awards. Then, the 'Bonsang' winners are announced in twos. Later, BEAST's name was announced. I was too preoccupied that I'm seeing them for the 2nd time that I didn't managed to took photos of them. The cheers welcoming them was so loud! Guess there's many B2UTYs in the crowd. After that, they performed 'Special' and 'Beautiful Night'. I was a bit disappointed that they only performed 2 songs. Hoped for 'Fiction' or 'On Rainy Days'. I waited and waited for SHINee's turn. Then, SHINee winning the 'Bonsang' award was announced together with their SMTown sunbae, Super Junior. The crowd went wild!! 

SHINee receiving their 'Bonsang' award.

Later, SHINee also awarded with 'Popularity Award'. Ahh.. my effort doesn't go to waste. [Everyone who voted via MSN will feel so too..] I thought that SHINee would perform before SuJu but it was vise versa. SHINee performed last!! Even when only the VCR is was being shown, the crowd was like "SHINee!! SHINee!!". I shouted and cheered like crazy when they came up on stage. They performed 'Lucifer' first. During the short talk after 'Lucifer', Minho stated that this is their FIRST TIME in Malaysia. I understood that part at least as they're speaking Korean. Shawols all cheered to that! They're sweating like crazy as the weather's really hot. Jonghyun asked for towels but nobody from backstage gave him one.. -.-" [Pity him..] Then, they performed 'Sherlock'. I was mesmerized by their performance! They included the remix too.

Finally, the show came to an end.. All the singers came on the stage. I managed to slip further to the front and I can see all their faces CLEARLY!! Took a few photos.


BTOB members. BEAST were nowhere to be found. probably they had to went back to Korea early.

SHINee members. Look at what's SuJu Donghae did to our maknae on the left.

SHINee members. Look this photo very closely.... Onew was looking this way!! OMG my bias!! [I found this out later that night while looking through the photos..]

130117 Day 2

As both SHINee & BEAST performed on Day 1, I went to the event later than the first day.. Well, I did anticipate on f(x)'s & FTISLAND's performance though. So, I didn't get a good spot to took photos.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extras!! Credits as stated.

BEAST. Red Carpet Day 1.

SHINee. Red Carpet Day 1.

BEAST. With ''Bonsang' award.

SHINee. With 'Bonsang' award.


No comments:

Post a Comment